Your data is safe with us. We protect your data according to GDPR.
When you become our client or sign up for our newsletter, we become your data controller according to GDPR. This means we have to keep your data safe, process it legally, and inform you what we do with your data.
Foreigners as Data controller
Foreigners.cz, s.r.o., based at Milady Horákové 1597/13, 602 00 Brno, Company Identification Number 28824059, registered at the Regional Court in Brno, section C, insert 87893, processes data in compliance with the EU regulation 2016/679 - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What kind of data do we process?
The basic data we process is your name, surname and email for the purpose of invoicing, including a phone number to be able to contact you regarding the process of delivering the service.
Most of our services require more data - for example when you rent an apartment through us or ask us for help with your visa/residence permit. Then we often need your passport / ID number or even a copy of it, date of birth, nationality, and address. When you ask us for a certified translation, then we have access also to all the data included in the document to be translated. The help with obtaining the trade license will require seeing the penal register record from your country. Or, when we arrange health insurance for you, we have access also to your health status, height, weight, sex, and birth number.
For paying through our payment gate, due to EU laws on payment services, we have to send your name, surname, address including the country, country code, and your email address to the payment gate, which uses this data to verify that it's really you. All this is done to help prevent the misuse of your card. By paying through our payment gate, you acknowledge that this data is collected from you and used for verification.
We do not ask for more data than what is needed to provide the service to you.
What is the lawful basis for processing your data?
Our lawful basis for data processing is providing the service to you in accordance with Article 6 (1)(b) GDPR.
Also, if you are our client, sending our newsletter to you is in our legitimate interest - this processing is allowed also by Article 6 (1)(f) GDPR. If you do not wish to receive our newsletter you can unsubscribe at any time. However, we believe this can help you feel at home with us even more and give you practical tips for life in the Czech Republic:)
How long do we keep the data?
If you are our client, we have to keep your data for 10 years according to the Law on VAT of the Czech Republic (Act No. 235/2004, Coll.).
We archive the data even afterwards in case there are some questions about the service you will need to resolve with us.
Who is the processor of your data?
Sometimes, people or companies outside Foreigners have access to your data. This makes them our processors of data according to GDPR.
This can be something as basic as keeping your data in a table in Google Sheets (this makes Google LLC the processor of your data) or sharing your data with our partner companies for transportation or cleaning.
The processors of your data are (depending on the kind of service), namely: people at Foreigners and our franchisees, the apartment owner with whom you have your lease agreement, certified translators/interpreters, notaries, local municipality offices, various Ministries of the Czech Republic (e.g. Ministry of Interior), Google LLC, SmartEmailing.cz, Proficio Marketing s.r.o., Smartsupp.com, s.r.o., miniTEL s.r.o., Seznam.cz, a.s., transportation companies, cleaning companies, handyman, IT service provider, and internet connection provider.
What are your rights?
- Ask us for information regarding the kind of personal data about you we process
- Ask us for an explanation regarding the processing of your personal data
- Request access to your data and make us update and/or correct your data
- Ask us to remove your personal data, we will remove them if it is not in conflict with regulations or our legitimate interests
- Ask us for data portability, if the processing is carried out by automated means and is based on consent or necessary for the performance of a contract
- Ask us for a copy of your processed data
- Object to processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest
- Contact us or the Office for Personal Data Protection in case you doubt we are observing the personal data processing rules and/or ask for judicial protection
What if I want to receive newsletter even without becoming your client?
It is no problem! Then you sign up here and give us the consent to process your data. We then send you an email to make sure that it is really you. Only then we process your email address to send you our newsletter.
The consent for newsletter is given for 5 years. This consent to process your personal data can be revoked at any time or you can simply unsubscribe from the offers.
What about the 5 additional emails I get when I send you a request for renting an apartment through you?
When you send us a request for renting an apartment through us, you'll simultaneously (with being assigned to our consultant) get up to 5 emails with tips on finding the best apartment for you. We believe this will help you make the right decision about your next home!
Cookies, cookies, cookies! When visiting our website, you'll be prompted to choose if you agree with all cookies, or with the selected cookies.
Here are the types:
- Technical cookies - essential for the correct functioning of the website. These cookies are fundamental to website functionality, security, proper display on a computer or mobile phone, correct operation of filling and submitting forms and so on. Technical cookies cannot be turned off because the website would no longer work properly.
- Analytical and performance cookies - to improve the quality of the website. Analytical and performance cookies allow us to monitor the performance of our website and our advertising campaigns. It helps us to determine the number of visits and identify website traffic sources. We process the data collected through these cookies in a summarized manner, without the use of identifiers that indicate specific users of our website. The more people have statistical cookies turned on, the better we can optimize our website to be more relevant to what people are doing on the site.
- Personalized and advertising cookies - for a tailor-made experience. Thanks to the use of personalized cookies, we will not have to ask you for the same information over and over or we will be able to offer you products according to your interests or customize the content of the website to your needs. We or our partners use advertising cookies in order to remind you of the offers you have viewed on our website and elsewhere on the Internet: on Facebook, on Google or even on Seznam. With this consent, you will not see more ads, but will mainly see advertisements to you based on relevant topics that interest you. You have the right to revoke your consent to the use of these cookies at any time.
Or write directly to Alena Holubcová at firstname.lastname@example.org, who is the contact person for Data Protection at Foreigners.
Alena will be happy to answer any questions you have about your data at Foreigners!
Do you need help? email@example.com +420 211 221 492 Fill our form