PR & Marketing Intern
We are seeking a public relations, social media and digital trends enthusiast who is hungry to broaden their horizons by living and working abroad! Do you have the courage to do so?
Join our team and gain a rewarding experience to build your professional resume!
The position is open (mainly) to Bachelor and Master's degree EU students interested in PR, marketing, and social media management. The internship is unpaid but financed through the Erasmus+ program.
Duration: 5-6 months
Place: Prague/Brno (other offices/cities upon request)
Who do we want?
- an open-minded social media freak familiar with hashtags, stories, posts, and tags
- an active person who is capable of working both in a team and individually
- a skillful and sociable events organizer
- a passionate writer who enjoys sharing information and experiences
- a graphic design and video production buff
Who does our PR & Marketing Manager Lucie wish for?
- an optimistic individual who will become our reliable PR teammate
- a cheerful colleague who will be a pleasure to work with
- a team player who won't be afraid to come up with new ideas and suggestions
- a flexible and creative soul who is eager to learn new things
- regularly post engaging content promoting Foreigners services and events
- manage social media accounts and the monthly MeetUp event
- create, organize, and promote events in cooperation with the PR Manager or on your own
- support the brand of Foreigners by writing articles/blog entries
- design visuals (posters, original content for Facebook, etc.)
- support the office coordinator's work and the team as a whole
- promote Foreigners online (search for different ways to promote the Foreigners brand online)
- social media management experience
- PR & Marketing background
- visual media editing skills (photography, videography)
- organizational skills
- fluent in spoken and written English
- multicultural environment
- dynamic and open company culture
- practical experience in social network management
- space for creativity and development of your own ideas
- hands-on project management - event organization and supervision
- enhancement of presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- independence and self-organization
- encouragement of professional growth through direct feedback
- letter of reference
What do our (former) interns say?
I really enjoyed my internship at Foreigners because I had the opportunity to evolve in so many different levels. I had the chance to write many articles on various topics and to do photoshoots, photo-editing, video-editing, and even live-streams. I learned more about the “social media management area” and what techniques are needed to approach different kinds of audiences. I worked in a friendly environment where I felt like I had a voice and where my opinion mattered. The guidance and the instructions from my supervisor have always been clear and straight forward which resulted in great communication and thus great results. Furthermore, Brno is a lovely place to live in. Not too big, or too small. You have all the advantages of a big city without it being chaotic and overcrowded. Czech people are mostly friendly and prone to help, so if you decide to step out of your comfort zone and follow your gut on this internship, you will love it here!
Being someone always looking for new adventures, doing an internship at Foreigners was definitely one of the biggest I’ve had so far! This internship gave me a new perspective on how things really work when you are outside, on the field: scheduling my agenda, writing about things I didn’t even think about, organizing MeetUps and keep up with the deadlines were some of the things I learned how to do or improved during this experience. Everyone from the team is super friendly and ready to give guidance on whatever you need. In addition to that, nothing compares to the feeling that you are challenging yourself every day, in a foreign country with a language you don’t know. It’s the perfect opportunity to be yourself and meet people from all over the world, being Brno an exceptional multicultural city. If you’re still questioning yourself about doing this internship, don’t. Just go for it!
Mariana Duarte, Portugal, an intern in Brno office (October 2019 - January 2020)
Working at Foreigners has been a great opportunity to turn what was part of a hobby into a career path. PR and Social Media managing was a secondary part of my personal projects and here I could really learn and understand the big difference it can make on a company when you have knowledgeable and dedicated professionals taking care of a company's image. Anyone thinking about starting a career in PR will find at Foreigners an incredible team ready to teach and hopefully learn something new too. My internship started as a 5-month internship but due to a change of jobs and lack of time I reduced my hours and extended my internship so I can continue the initial projects we had established. To anyone thinking about joining Foreigners, you will have a great time.
- Rafael Leite, Brazil, an intern in Brno office (January 2018 - December 2018)
If you are interested in this internship please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the "EWP Intern" subject.